Help us connect to our great legacy
The Bernardo de Gálvez Plaza will be located in Menard Park which is owned by the City of Galveston, Texas. The statue finishes and improves the eastern, Seawall corner of Menard Park, and will be completed with landscaping, benches, descriptive and educational weather-proof history signage, and commemorative brick and granite dedication plaques. The 16-foot-tall bronze by Houston artist Eric Kaposta will be mounted on a berm, and the statue being displayed prominently on Seawall Boulevard. Commemorative bricks will pave the park space (click here for a brick order form).
This monument will help educate the public about the little-known fact of Spain’s contribution toward removing the British from the Gulf Coast during the American Revolution, and it will honor and promote the significance of the Great Spanish Patriot, Bernardo de Gálvez, and his victories during the Revolution in the city named for him. This project seeks to connect the Gulf Coast peoples with their early revolutionary patriots, and it will serve to educate a public that may not realize their heritage as descendants of patriots who fought for American independence.
- The Primary Mission of this project is to educate everyone about the American Revolution.
- It connects the contribution of Spain to the victory for American independence.
- It connects Spain’s hero of the American fight for independence, Bernardo de Gálvez, to that victory.
- The Project connects Texas to the American Revolution and the contributions of Texans, Mexicans, Spaniards, freed blacks and others in the battles Bernardo de Gálvez fought along the Gulf Coast.
- It connects the people of Hispanic heritage along the Gulf Coast to their genealogical heritage.
- Help us connect every Hispanic child to what Spain did to help America win independence.
- Connect with us, join us, and contribute to this monumental project.
Funds are being accepted by the Treasurer of the Bernardo de Gálvez Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution. The Chapter is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization, # 76-0203547. Donations may be mailed to Gálvez Statue, P.O. Box 1, Galveston, TX 77553, or made through PayPal via the form below.
Questions or additional information please direct to Bill Adriance, Chair Statue Committee, 409-939-0205, email@example.com.
Donate via PayPal
To make your donation online via PayPal, please complete the form below. You do not have to have a PayPal account to make a one-time donation. You have to have a PayPal account with an active credit card to make a recurring donation (you can create an account after this form sends you to PayPal if you don't already have one). When the form is complete, click "Continue" to transfer to PayPal and complete your payment information.